Saturday, March 10, 2012

Let the sewing begin...or maybe not!!!

Ok, so thank you HSN for letting me get this cute little machine for 4 easy payments:-) Works for me. I really don't know how to sew but I have this new little area in my craft room that I would like to make curtains and pillows. How hard could that be? Well, I watched the video and read the instructions( a first for me) and actually got it threaded and working. Of course I have no fabric so I found some old clothes in the garage that were on their way to a thrift store. Yea.....I am on my way!!! I hope to start making pillows.
This is my new space that I am decorating very bohemian. It is in my craft room where I spend 99% of my time, or so I think. My dogs love to keep me company on the couch when I am in here. THey like to toss all the pillows around, I have to make sure they don't think one of my pillows are one of their babies. They love stuffed animals. My husband goes every week to the swap meet to buy them babies. The vendor can't believe they destroy them as fast as they do. THey fight over it and there is stuffing everywhere.  Gotta love it. Well, wish me luck on my new sewing adventure.......I am really excited!!!!!
Donna



5 comments:

  1. LOL that is so cute about your dogs!! I can see them now....

    Glad you posted your room...I love it!!! what a great space...

    Love the new machine...I am going to get another one soon I need something for upholstery and heavier sewing...I can't wait!! Can't wait to see the pillows ...that reminds me to get going on mine..:)

    Peace..
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This machine has 23 stitches, I am quite sure I will only use 2 at the most. I think I shall start on something other than a pillow. I saw this really cool prayer flag in one of the Sommerset magazines. I am taking a Cricut 101 class today. I have had the Cricut for 4 yrs and never use it. I have 2 daughters getting married this yr and they want handmade items. It is a beautiful day here again today.
      Hugs and Smiles,

      Donna

      Delete
  2. Hey girl ...how great are you! 23different stitches..whoa! I love your space it looks cozy and ready for you to create beautiful gifts of love... Enjoy-Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you with your new machine....I don't know how to sew one stitch....can't wait to see your lovelies.

    xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, thanks for the comment. I am already having difficulties with my new machine. I am making some prayer flags I saw in Cloth Paper Scissors. Mine of course are of the Saints. The tension seems off. I need to take a class. THanks for stopping by:-)

      Delete